Title I (NCLB/ESSA Support) Cooperative
The purpose of the Title I Coop is to provide consultant services concerning ESSA requirements. The services include the full cycle of requirements from application through evaluation solely for the current-year ESSA application. The Coop also provides district and campus level technical assistance for inquiries or problems and provides district/campus specific professional development and technical support.
- Meetings with school personnel to plan program design and gather necessary data for the NCLB/ESSA consolidated application process
- Preparation and submission of the Applicant Designation Certification form
- Preparation and submission of the NCLB/ESSA Consolidated Application and amendments for federal funds to TEA, including adjusted allocations, maximum entitlements,reallocations, SIP designation or other individual district/charter changes
- Collection of information from district/charter personnel and submission of all necessary TEA e-grants performance reports
- Site visits to gather and submit to TEA the annual NCLB/ESSA Compliance report
- Training for paraprofessionals to meet the required highly qualified standard
- Professional development focused on Title I issues at the campus level, as requested
- Technical assistance for Title I campuses in the development of required Parent Involvement Policies and Home-School Compacts, as requested
- Professional development and technical assistance at district/charter and/or campus to meet the needs resulting from the comprehensive needs assessment, as requested
- Liaison services between the district/charter and TEA through ongoing communication and information exchange to maximize program effectiveness and efficiency
- Professional development on required Title I documentation, including Region 9 Documentation Notebook and Region 9 Federal Programs Calendar
Each LEA receiving Title 1 funds must submit an Equity Plan by November 1, 2017. The accompaning Equity Data Survey (PR1500) is due on November 15, 2017 using the October 2, 2017 snapshot data. ESC Region 9 is offering a work session (#294524) on Wednesday, October 11th from 9 – 12 to assist with completing the plan . More information can be found at texasequitytoolkit.org.
8/23/17: TEA has released a list of data subject validations for this school year and the timeline that will be followed. Random Validations for 2017-18 Fiscal Data
Parent Engagement Resources