Checking Region 9 Hosted Email
A service of Net9
By Mike Campbell
As a member of the Net9 network, each Region 9 Education Service Center member district is provided an e-mail account. The e-mail was upgraded this summer and has many new features.
Here are some tips for keeping your personal information secure:
• Be very suspicious of any e-mail that requests personal information—such as user ID, password, PIN, email address, social security number—even if it appears to be coming from a legitimate source.
• Even if it sounds legitimate, do not call the number given in the message or respond to the email.
• Be suspicious of emails that do not greet you by name but are addressed generically, such as “Dear Customer.”
• Be suspicious of messages that seem urgent and where your action needs to be taken immediately.
• If an email seems suspicious, don’t click on any of the links or open any attachments to the email. Your computer can become infected with malware once you click on a link.
• Instead of clicking on a link, enter the company URL yourself.
• If you suspect that your password, PIN number or other personal data may have been stolen or compromised, change it immediately.
• Bottom line – Be suspicious of any unsolicited email, phone call or text message that requests information or asks for immediate action from you.
For more information, follow the instructions below. If you have questions concerning e-mail, contact Mike Campbell.
Here's how to change your password:
Your username is the same one that you have been using followed by the domain.
The examples below will work for everyone with the exception of a few unique users with a username that is not standard:
For Iowa Park CISD staff please use:
email@example.com as firstname.lastname@example.org
For Chillicothe ISD staff please use:
Firstname.email@example.com as firstname.lastname@example.org
For Bellevue ISD staff please use:
Firstname.email@example.com as firstname.lastname@example.org
All other staff please use:
Firstname.email@example.com as in firstname.lastname@example.org