Services are available to provide annual updates and technical assistance in the following areas:
- Identifying areas to enhance school safety and security
- Reporting school safety audit results
- Training related to health, safety, and other required topics.
- Safety Audits:
- Safety audits are scheduled at least once every three years.
- Written reports are available for presentation to the school board.
- Assistance can be provided in reporting information to the Texas School Safety Center.
On-Line Safe Schools and Compliance Training:
- Includes a comprehensive on-line library of school-focused courses. Examples include: Sexual Harassment, FERPA: Confidentiality of Records, On-line Safety, Mental Health, Workplace Safety, Child Abuse, Integrated Pest Management, and School Bus Behavior and Discipline
- Includes a management system to document staff training completion and credit
- Includes a system for district/charter policy acceptance by employees for Human Resources tracking documentation
Texas School Safety Center
Texas Governor Abbott’s School & Firearm Safety Action Plan
Governor Abbott School Safety Action Plan Summary
Federal Commission on School Safety
David’s Law Infographic
Mental Health & Substance Abuse – Texas Dept. of Health & Human Services
Mental Health in Texas
National Association of School Psychologists – A framework for Safe & Successful Schools
TEA-Safe and Healthy Schools
National PTA School Safety
25 NCEF Assessment Guide – Safe Schools Facilities Checklist
School Safety Signs, Workplace postings, website postings 2018
List of Resources for Research-Based Best Practices