School Safety- Region 9 Services
Services are available to provide annual updates and technical assistance in the following areas:
- Identifying areas to enhance school safety and security
- Reporting school safety audit results
- Training related to health, safety, and other required topics.
- Safety audits scheduled at least once during the three year cycle. (The current cycle is 2020-2023)
- Written reports for presentation to the school board.
- Assistance in reporting information to the Texas School Safety Center.
On-Line Safe Schools and Compliance Training:
- Includes a comprehensive on-line library of school-focused courses. Examples include: Sexual Harassment, FERPA: Confidentiality of Records, On-line Safety, Workplace Safety, Child Abuse, Integrated Pest Management, School Bus Behavior and Discipline
- Includes a management system to document staff training completion and credit
- Includes a system for district/charter policy acceptance by employees for Human Resources tracking documentation
Title IV, Part A School Safety Initiative
Texas School Safety Center