This cooperative offers the Texas Curriculum Management Program Cooperative (TCMPC) TEKS Resource System, a customizable online curriculum management system that is closely aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). TCMPC TEKS Resource System’s high quality curriculum and assessment components assist schools in meeting the rigor and relevance required in the TEKS and on STAAR K-8 and end-of-course exams. The TCMPC reflects the combined efforts of all 20 ESCs to help schools improve student performance and operate more efficiently and cost-effectively. The TEKS Resource System impacts instructional practices by providing a curriculum framework to improve student performance that includes alignment resources in math, science, social studies, and ELA in grades K–12.
Services and resources provided:
- Vertical Alignment Document (VAD) – Teachers can view the vertical alignment of three grade level TEKS at a time.
- Vertical Viewer – Enhancement for math only at this time. Same VAD but allows teachers to choose grade level TEKS they wish to view with capability to toggle between grade levels.
- TEKS Clarification Document (TCD) – SIngle grade level scope of TEKS with specificity, rigor, and examples.
- Enhanced Clarification Document – Enhancement for math only at this time. Same as TCD with more specificty and examples.
- Year at a Glance (YAG) – Provides a recommended snapshot of a year in six weeks and nine weeks format.
- TEKS Verification Document (TVD) – Verifies that all state standards (TEKS) are fully accounted for during the year.
- Instructional Focus Document (IFD) – Logically group the specified standards into coherant units of instruction.
- Assessment Creator – Provides a collection of response items that assess unit-specified OR individual Student Expectations. Allows flexibility for formative and summative assessments.
- Assistance in using the curriculum management system site effectively
- Assistance with district/charter/campus implementation planninng
- Assistance with content-specific issues or questions
Professional Development Opportunities
- Workshops related to the usage of the system’s curriculum components